This app is meant for you as a pilot and adds different zones of carburetor icing probability to a diagram. You enter the temperature from the meteo (METAR) and you get an indication of icing probabilities.
Although the app runs on several android devices, it gives its best result on a large(r) screen such as tablets. On smaller screens you may need to zoom in (see below).
– Enter data by tapping buttons or by keep pressing them for faster input.
– See immediate results of your data entry on the diagrams and the result panel.
– See how altitude affects the results.
– Read important air properties of a given point in the diagram from the result pane: temperature, dew point, humidity ratio, relative humidity and density.
– Hover over the diagram, instead of entering values, and watch the results appearing instantly.
– Choose one of the diagram types (Dewpoint, Psychrometrics or Mollier) for the graphical results.
– Choose between metric or imperial unit dimensions, e.g. °C and °F or m and ft.
– Select a color scheme for the diagram and background colors.
– Tap the “Explain App” command to get a short explanation of this app.
– Zoom in (two fingers gesture) and pan (one finger gesture) to ease accessing the data entry controls or to enlarge a part of the diagram.
– The app saves the latest unit and diagram type settings and starts up with those settings.
– Initially detects the language settings on the Android device and, if possible, changes its language (French, German and Dutch). Otherwise keeps using English. However, at any time you can also set the language to one of the available ones.
– Adapts its user interface when you rotate your screen.
A refined user interface for a faster switch between functions.
Explicit language setting.
Supporting Android 10